Friday 13 April 2012

DIY = turquoise bead bracelet

I am quite chuffed with myself today.
I haven't made much jewellery before but I really LOVE beads.
I've collected LOADS over the years and thought it was about time I made something before I drowned in them.
So, I made this simple bracelet.
My sister's birthday is coming up and I would like to give this to her as part of a 'present pack'.
It was really easy (I reckon).
Here's how:
 Supplies:
Seed beads (mine were turquoise colour and metal)
A complementary bead thread (nylon)
Crimping ends
A fastning of some kind (Bar Clasp/Lobster Clasp (jump rings needed for these) or Ribbon)
Supplies
Thread your first bead onto the nylon and tie a knot round it.
Tip: To make the knot more secure 'cement' it with nail varnish.
Thread your beads (see you next century!). 
Make it easier for yourself - use a beading board (don't make your own like I did!)
Offer it up against your wrist to regularly check the length.
Put the bead with the knot into a crimping end and sqeeze it together
Put your jump rings and your clasp on with pliers (or use your nails) and YOU'RE DONE.


OR, like me, thread a bit of ribbon through the crimp end ring and thread a larger bead through (or knot it) to secure it.
 Then present it to a happy recipient!
Tinkety Tonk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about the things I share and I will aim to reply.